Identity Theft Protection At Steve Austin's Auto Group
To protect our customers identity as well as watching for Red Flags to make sure our customers are who they say they are, our dealership has instituted the following.
1. Have named a compliance manager to oversee and update identity theft compliance issues.
2. Have regular meetings to update employees of compliance matters.
3. Supply customers with a copy of our privacy notice.
4. Adhere to all provisions of our privacy notice.
5. Keep all customer information private and secured at all times.
6. Have supplied employees with a list of the 26 Red Flags regarding identity theft.
7. To not sell a car to someone who can not prove their identity.
8. To notify the lender and or credit bureau if a Red Flag arises.
9. To make websites, publications, and outside training readily available.
10. To conduct monthly compliance audits by an outside source.