Privacy Policies effective October 12, 2009
This is a General Motors Company ("GM") sponsored site. To view General Motors Company’s privacy statement click here: http://www.gm.com/privacy/#scope.
GM will have access to your name and other personal information you enter here. GM dealers and third parties will also have access to personal information you enter here and your browsing activities on this page in order to provide you the dealer locator services you are requesting. The role of each party is explained below and links to applicable privacy statements are provided.
Collection and Use of Your Information by GM
Information Directed to Our Dealers
When you complete a form on this website to ask a question of or request a quote from a GM dealer, the information you submit is forwarded by GM to the GM dealer you selected. Each GM dealer is independent of GM and the dealer you direct your communication to will have its own privacy statement. Please contact the dealer or visit the dealer’s website for more information on its privacy practices.
Changes to these Privacy Policies or Statements
This Privacy Statement is effective as of October 12, 2009
STEVE AUSTIN’S AUTO GROUP, INC.
About our policy
The types of information we may collect about you
We may collect nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:
Information we receive from you on applications or other forms, such as “your name, address, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses, birth date, social security number, income and employment history”.
Information about your transaction with us, our affiliated third parties, or others, such as “your account balance, payment history, and your creditworthiness”.
Information we receive from your consumer credit reports or a consumer reporting agency, such as “your creditworthiness, credit score or credit history”.
Representations made by you to us, such as “your employment history, your account balances and payments histories, and your relationships with other persons or entities whom you have listed as a reference”.
Information we collect or that you provide to us when you visit our website, such as “your name, address, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses”. If you request e-mail contact from us or send us e-mail, we may retain your e-mail address and the messages themselves.
Disclosure of Private Information
We may disclose Private Information (described above) under the following circumstances:
To Marketing Service Providers and Joint Marketing Partners.
With Non-Affiliated Third Parties.
We also utilize “cookies” in connection with our website. A “cookie” is an online device used to determine when a visit to the site has occurred and to track your activity within the site. A cookie does not identify you by name, or address unless you have provided the information or set up your computer to do so. Cookies are used to determine traffic patterns and usage and to provide you with more customized service by identifying you as a user, which may prevent you from having to enter information repeatedly. Cookies are often used online and do not harm your computer. You have the option of programming your computer to prevent a cookie from being accepted.
LIST OF AFFILIATED THIRD PARTIES
Steve Austin’s Auto Group, Inc.
Steve Austin’s at the Lake
Steve Austins Auto Group | Your Bellefontaine and Lima Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, GMC Dealer
Steve Austin's Auto Group
Preferred Owner Program
Terms and Conditions
The following document describes the terms and conditions on which Steve Austin's Auto Group offers you access to and use of the Steve Austin's Preferred Owner Program.
Overview of the Preferred Owner Program
1. The Preferred Owner Program is a loyalty program sponsored by Steve Austin's Auto Group through which owners can earn points toward future service, parts, and accessory purchases by purchasing a new or pre-owned vehicle, service labor and parts, accessories from Steve Austin's. Purchasers with a GMS or employee-related discount are not eligible for $250 for the purchase of another vehicle
2. All points earned can be used at the Steve Austin's Auto Group store ONLY.
A. Participation in the Program
1. All customers who have purchased a vehicle, had service performed on their vehicles, bought accessories and/or parts from Steve Austin's Auto Group. The Program is open to all Steve Austin's Auto Group customers who are over the age of 18.
2. Employees are not eligible to participate in the Program.
3. Fleet customers or wholesale customers are not eligible to participate in the Program.
4. The Sales and Service managers offer the Program invitation to the customer – in person or via emailed/mailed invitation.
5. Participation in the Program constitutes each Preferred Owner’s full and unconditional agreement to these Terms and Conditions.
B. Earning Program Points
1. When first enrolled in the Program, the Preferred Owner will receive a Preferred Owner card. The card is to be used for each eligible transaction.
2. Points are earned in the following ways:
3. Vehicle purchase earns 250 dollars toward a future vehicle purchase. Purchasers with a GMS or employee-related discount are not eligible for $250 for the purchase of another vehicle
a. Each service event earns 5% of total dollars spent (excluding tax) toward a future service, parts or accessory sale
b. Each parts and/or accessory purchase earns 5% of total dollars spent (less tax) towards a future service, parts or accessory sale
c. Coupons and other special offers may not be used in conjunction with the Program. These dollars spent will not receive the 5% earned reward.
C. Using Program Points
1. Preferred Owners can use their reward points toward any vehicle purchase, service expense, parts and/or accessory purchase up to a maximum of $250.00 in any one transaction.
2. Dollars will not expire.
3. Program dollars have no cash value.
4. Program dollars are non-transferable.
5. Program dollars can only be used in the Steve Austin's Auto Group, Bellefontaine, OH store.
6. Returned items purchased with Program dollars will not be exchanged for cash. The returned item’s program value will be returned to the preferred owner’s account.
D. Modification and Termination of the Program
1. Steve Austin's Auto Group may modify any of the terms and conditions governing the Program – including, but not limited to, the methods through which points can be earned, how the Program can be used, the value of the earned dollars, at any time, without notice, even though these changes may affect the Preferred Owner’s ability to use the points that have all ready been earned.
2. The Program has no pre-determined termination date and may continue until such time that Steve Austin's Auto Group may terminate the program at any time, with no notice given.
3. The Preferred Owners continued participation in the Program constitutes the Preferred Owners acceptance of any changes made to these Terms and Conditions. The Preferred Owners are responsible for remaining knowledgeable as to any changes that Steve Austin's Auto Group may make to these Terms and Conditions. The most current version will be available on the Preferred Owner’s Website and will supersede all previous versions of the Terms and Conditions.
E. General Terms and Conditions
1. Accrued Preferred Owner Dollars do not constitute property of a Preferred Owner and have no value outside of the program. Preferred Owner dollars are credits that Steve Austin's Auto Group may revoke at any time as set forth herein. Preferred Owner points may not be exchanged for cash, assigned, bartered, or transferred, except as set forth herein, and are not transferable upon death, as part of a domestic relations matter, or otherwise by operation of law.
2. Each Preferred Owner is responsible for ensuring that the information in his/her account is accurate and kept current.
F. Limitation of Liability
1. By participating in the Program, each Preferred Owner accepts all responsibility for, and hereby indemnifies and holds harmless Steve Austin's Auto Group and each of the their related companies, General Motors, Maritz , FMR and each such company’s respective officers, directors, employees, shareholders, agents, and successors, and assigns the “Released Parties”, from and against any claims that may arise from actions taken by such Member or for any unauthorized access to Preferred Owner’s account from a third party.
2. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE, SHALL THE RELEASED PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE PROGRAM. EVEN IF ANY OR ALL OF THE RELEASED PARTIES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. THEREFORE SUCH EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IF A PREFERRED OWNER PROVES THAT STEVE AUSTIN'S AUTO GROUP HAS IMPROPERLY DENIED THAT PREFERRED OWNER EARNED POINTS , LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE EQUIVALENT AMOUNT OF EARNED DOLARS. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE PROGRAM, A PREFERRED OWNER WAIVES ANY AND ALL RIGHTS TO BRING ANY CLAIM OR ACTION RELATED TO SUCH MATTERS IN ANY FORUM BEYOND ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE FIRST OCCURRENCE OF THE KIND OF ACT, EVENT, CONDITION, OMISSION UPON WHICH THE CLAIM OR ACTION IS BASED. EACH PREFERRED OWNER SPECIFICALLY WAIVES ANY BENEFIT UNDER OHIO LAW PRIVIDING A GENERAL RELEASE DOE S NOT EXTEND TO UNKNOWN CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN ITS FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM WOULD HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED THE SETTLEMENT.
G. Legal Disputes.
1. Preferred Owners agree that any controversy or claim at law or equity that arises out of or relates to the Program (“Claims”) shall be resolved in accordance with one of the subsections below, or as otherwise mutually agreed upon in writing by the parties.
a. Arbitration. For any Claim (excluding Claims for injunctive or other equitable relief) where the total amount of the award sought is less than $10,000. Preferred Owners or Steve Austin's Auto Group may elect to resolve the dispute through binding arbitration conducted by telephone, online, and/or based solely upon written submissions where no-in person appearance is required. Any judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof.
b. Court. Alternatively, any Claim may be adjudicated by a court of competent jurisdiction located in Logan County, Ohio or where the defendant’s is located. Preferred Owners and Steve Austin's Auto Group agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts located within the county of Logan County, Ohio.
c. Violations of Section G (“Legal Disputes”) All Claims (excluding requests for injunctive or equitable relief) between the parties must be resolved using the dispute resolution mechanism that is selected in accordance with this Section by the party first to assert a Claim, either through a court filing or a commencement of arbitration. Should either party file an action contrary to this Section G, the other party may recover attorneys’ fees and costs up to $1000.00, provided that the party seeking the award has notified the other party in writing of the improperly filed Claim, and the other party has failed to withdraw the Claim.
2. These Terms and Conditions are governed by and interpreted under the laws of the state of Ohio, U.S.; as such laws are applied to agreements entered into and to be performed entirely within Ohio by Ohio residents. Notwithstanding the foregoing sentence, the Federal Arbitration Act (“FAA”), and all of its rules and procedures, shall govern Section G hereof, to the extent that the FAA is inconsistent with Ohio law. Headings are for reference purposes only and in no way define, limit, construe or describe the scope or the extent of such section. Steve Austin's Auto Group failure to act with respect to a breach by Preferred Owners does not waive its right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches. These Terms and Conditions and any documents it incorporates set forth the entire understanding between the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof. Sections F and G shall survive any termination or expiration of this agreement. It is the express wish of the parties that this document and any related documents be drawn up in English.
3. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is found to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, such provision shall be severed from the remainder of these Terms and Conditions, which will otherwise remain in force.